Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Don't Need Facebook

I Don't Need Facebook
Just when I left the public library earlier, I was recognized and greeted by a young couple. Of all the hundreds of strangers who have said things to me as I passed them in the street over the last eight years, I still don't know a single one of their names.

If I wanted to learn their names, I'd start wearing a miniature camera in my collar - which is well within my financial means at the moment. I could then make an image file for my own reference and track the mystery faces down on Facebook. Everyone has a Facebook account, right? That's how we verify our identities now, apparently.

But I don't use Facebook, so how is it that so many hundreds of strangers recognize me in the street every day? And how did my face end up being broadcast on Dateline NBC behind my back? And how did their viewers still recognize my likeness through those vicious Photoshop alterations? Seems that millions of Americans know my face extremely well.

But who knows the faces of all these Facebook users who recognize me in the street? Not me, for starters. I'm quite sure none of you would recognize them or know their names either.

I'm glad I was able to put my face on YouTube before Facebook came along. Being on YouTube is all I can handle for now.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment