Saturday, January 2, 2016

Straight from the Author

Straight from the Author
I've added the Georgia Straight to my list of culpable print media publications in the violation of my copyrights. I sent the Georgia Straight cartoons in the 1990's but could take no action against them when they published them anonymously because they had my originals. Since then, I imagine they've kept an eye on me and created opportunities for stalkers, like that carrion bird who swiped my drawing pad, to make a name for themselves as talented cartoonists.

And the Georgia Straight is connected to all those other entertainment weeklies, you know those awful things that offer themselves as the quintessential cultural guide in every city across the land. They always try to pass themselves off as anti-establishment when they're built around pages and pages of full page ads. They tell you when its cool to love Vincent Van Gogh and when it's time to reject him in favor of Toulouse-Lautrec. They care about the poor but they're determined to get all the yuppies out visiting smart restaurants. So if the Straight ripped me off, so probably did all the rest of them.

The corporate media exploits the historically new phenomenon of whole populations thinking every thought and acting out every gesture simultaneously. What kind of a day was it today? Oh, I haven't watched the news yet so I don't know. Right. They're so productive.

Hey, I bet George Carlin could have expanded his stolen stand-up routine with a rant like this. Don't bother asking his HBO accomplice Bill Maher about it.

I have to create a new index for my cartoons now. I'm in the public library. Come and arrest me if I'm lying. I've gone ahead and developed my Austin Powers cartoon to explain how he can eat and breathe. Perhaps you already know from reading MAD Magazine in 2007. Oh well, I need to retrace these old footsteps before I can reach firm new creative ground.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment