Monday, January 18, 2016

Working Theory

Working Theory
I have hours of work to do today. I must paste in my new navigation onto every page in my account. If I spend all my time copying and pasting over the next month or two, I should be able to get it finished. I recall now how the HTML side of my work got the best of me in 2007. I had just finished pasting over every page to add a new cartoon link and then I realized I would have to do it all again for the copyright issues link. The very thought of it wore me to exhaustion.

Authoring content and marking it up in HTML is work. It's work because it is tiring and offers little or no stimulation while you are doing it. But without this kind of work, no one would be able to go on a stage and celebrate music or comedy. I do not consider the celebration of my work to be work. The crooked stars who ripped it off do. Their idea of work was to sit on their asses and read my blogs every day.

The reason I went from posting scripts to posting poems in 2007 was to try to produce work that did not lend itself so readily to commercial usage on the TV. I was wrong. The bad stars stole my poems, turned them into comedy skits, and were thanked for it. I thought that they would be averse to performing work that lampooned them. I was wrong. By stealing such work, they created a compelling illusion of innocence and appeared to all but myself as self criticizing sweethearts. I turned to cartoon drawing as a way of filling in my missing script imagery so that my posts would need no further development. That was when TV stars like Ellen turned themselves into cartoon characters so they could keep sitting on their asses and reading my blogs every day instead of doing their own work.

Anyway, I have a pile of my own work to do - again - and this time I'm going to finish the job before it finishes me.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment